Formed in 2020, the company is named for Metis, Greek mythology’s Titan-goddess of good counsel, planning and wisdom. Our goals are to:
- Advance knowledge and innovation of improved options for disinfection and environmental hygiene.
- Modernise patient safety by challenging current standards with innovative new disinfection solutions.
- Improve patient care by reducing downtime for cleaning and therefore hospital bed waiting times.
- Reduce the risk to NHS staff and patients of being exposed to harmful microorganisms.
How many organisations/clients currently utilise the service/solution across the UK?
We are currently working very closely in collaboration with Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board to help implement or new and innovative solution.
Is there anything you would like to make delegates aware of ahead of the IPC & HFM Conference in Scotland?
As a team, we have more than 50 years’ collective experience in the infection prevention and control arena. We understand the challenges you face, and we are passionate about finding and providing innovative new solutions to help you deliver excellent standards in patient safety and care.
That is why, like you, we’re always pushing for better, faster, more cost-effective ways of achieving optimum results in infection prevention.
What do you feel are the key points delegates need to digest when considering a partnership with your organisation?
Hospitals are under more pressure than ever to ensure effective and compliant healthcare cleaning services.
Heightened awareness of infectious disease hazards and the importance of infection risk reduction in hospitals since the onset of the coronavirus pandemic means there is greater recognition of the need for regular decontamination of surfaces and air. IPC and Facilities teams are left facing an even greater set of challenges than they did before.
Meanwhile, the existing standard for area disinfection – misting or fogging with hydrogen peroxide vapour (HPV) – is decades old. It is expensive and time-consuming, putting beds, wards, and rooms out of action for up to a day at a time, and needs careful deployment with specialist training. But now there is a better option.
A new solution: Hydra + Solvic
Our solution enables faster, simpler disinfection at a significantly reduced cost. We believe it will be the future standard for area decontamination.
So, how does it work? The Hydra misting system uses Solvic, our stabilised aqueous hypochlorous acid (HOCl) misting solution. A portable all-in-one misting machine, it is simple to operate and achieves identical results to HPV in a fraction of the time.
● Faster cycle than other systems: As little as 15 minutes start to finish.
● Simpler to use: All-in-one portable solution, easy for any single user to operate.
● Highly cost effective compared to alternatives like HPV, delivering comparable results faster and at a fraction of the cost.
● pH neutral unlike other disinfectants: Solvic is non-sensitising and non-irritating to skin, so there is no need for PPE.
● Effective even against resistant pathogens: Proven to deliver log6 reduction – a 99.9999% elimination rate. Independently tested with repeatable, consistent results.
● Reduce waiting times: Return beds, wards, and rooms to use in minutes rather than hours or days.
● No evidence of clinical resistance from any class of biological pathogen according to the World Health Organization (WHO).